The Smoking Cessation Leadership Center (SCLC) invites you to join this webinar, “Advancing Smoking Cessation in California’s Medicaid Population: The Medi-Cal Incentives to Quit Smoking (MIQS) Project” on Tuesday, March 12, 2019, at 11:00 am PST (90 minutes).
We are honored to have the following speakers presenting on this important and timely topic:
• Steven A. Schroeder, MD, Director, Smoking Cessation Leadership Center, University of California at San Francisco
• Hai-Yen Sung, PhD, Professor of Health Economics, Institute for Health & Aging, University of California at San Francisco
• Elisa K. Tong, MD, MA, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, at Davis
• Shu-Hong Zhu, PhD, Professor & Director, Center for Research & Intervention in Tobacco Control (CRITC), Dept. of Family Medicine and Public Health, University of California at San Diego School of Medicine
1. Identify statewide outreach strategies to providers, plans, and public health partners.
2. Describe impact with Helpline caller response in California Medicaid population and subgroups
3. Describe the effect of incentives to help low-income smokers quit smoking.
4. Assess potential population-level costs and benefits of supplementing usual care of quitline services with financial incentives and mailed nicotine patches to Medicaid smokers who call the quitline.