Network Member NewsView all projects
The Smoking Cessation Leadership Center (SCLC) invites you to join this webinar, “Advancing Smoking Cessation in California’s Medicaid Population: The Medi-Cal Incentives to Quit Smoking (MIQS) Project” on Tuesday, March 12, 2019, at 11:00 am PST (90 minutes).
We are honored to have the following speakers presenting on this important and timely topic:
• Steven A. Schroeder, MD, Director, Smoking Cessation Leadership Center, University of California at San Francisco
• Hai-Yen Sung, PhD, Professor of Health Economics, Institute for Health & Aging, University of California at San Francisco
• Elisa K. Tong, MD, MA, Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, at Davis
• Shu-Hong Zhu, PhD, Professor & Director, Center for Research & Intervention in Tobacco Control (CRITC), Dept. of Family Medicine and Public Health, University of California at San Diego School of Medicine
1. Identify statewide outreach strategies to providers, plans, and public health partners.
2. Describe impact with Helpline caller response in California Medicaid population and subgroups
3. Describe the effect of incentives to help low-income smokers quit smoking.
4. Assess potential population-level costs and benefits of supplementing usual care of quitline services with financial incentives and mailed nicotine patches to Medicaid smokers who call the quitline.
REGISTER HERE: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/3ovom8k5av0m&eom
We are proud to share that SelfMade Health Network’s Director Dwana Calhoun, has been selected to serve as a Board Member for Counter Tools. Dwana is looking forward to sharing her expertise implementing strategies that drive cancer prevention and tobacco cessation among communities with low socioeconomic populations, in support of the Counter Tools mission.
Counter Tools is nonprofit focused on ensuring every person, without qualification, has the opportunity to live a healthy life in a healthy and equitable place. Using evidence-based models of change, Counter Tools builds capacity and helps make communities healthier through training and technical assistance. Counter Tobacco.org, a resource focused on counteracting tobacco product sales and marketing at the retail point of sale, is a flagship project of the Counter Tools organization. To see a full list of Counter Tool’s leadership team, visit https://countertools.org/who-we-are.
Meharry Medical College’s work on building public-private partnerships to address breast cancer disparities among African-American populations was highlighted at ACCR’s 2017 Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and Medically Underserved Conference.
Congrats to SelfMade Health Network’s RRLO partner-University of Kentucky College of Public Health. The poster “Lung Cancer Prevention and Survivorship is Good Business: Unifying Communities and Industries for Better Health” was accepted for presentation at ACCR’s 2017 Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and Medically Underserved Conference.
West Virginia’s Tobacco Cessation for Pregnant Mothers Program
Ohio Commission on Minority Health’s From Data to Action white paper