Featured Resources to Distribute
We strive to establish mechanisms which promote and support resource dissemination, education, evidence-based prevention, and service utilization as well as policy adoption through a system of partners, members and national collaborations. As a Network member or partner, we hope that by sharing these featured resources to audiences within your respective network, additional underserved and vulnerable populations will be reached.
Tracking tools will be provided in the near future to SelfMade Health Network members and partners to assist with monitoring results, impact and experiences throughout the year when utilizing these resources.
Newly Released Reports & Documents
July 2017 – Invasive Cancer Incidence and Deaths in Non-Metropolitan and Metropolitan Counties. This report published by the CDC describes cancer incidence and mortality in rural and urban America and brings to light the disparities that exist in America’s rural areas.
Prevention Awareness Graphics for Social Sharing
We are committed to building awareness surrounding prevention and screening for cancer and chronic illness shown to be prevalent in the populations we serve. These images created by SelfMade Health Network are designed to promote action, and are made available for Network members to share through social media and online tools.Click on these to see a larger version.
Public Service Announcements – Cancer Prevention & Screening
Some common types of cancer continue to affect the livelihood of males and females and remain as the leading cause of cancer mortality rates in the United States. These PSAs are designed to get attention.
- Bring Your Brave Campaign – BRCA Genes and Breast Cancer
- Bring Your Brave Campaign – Lisa: Be Your Own Health Advocate
- Bring Your Brave Campaign– All campaign video PSA’s focused on breast cancer prevention
- Screen for Life Campaign – This is Personal (featuring Terrance Howard/Mom)
- Screen for Life Campaign – Control (featuring Meryl Streep)
- National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable – 80% by 2018 Campaign
Public Service Announcements – Tobacco Prevention, Screening & Cessation
Tobacco use remains attributable to some of the nation’s leading chronic conditions (including some forms of cancer).
- FDA’s “The Real Cost” Campaign Resources (for organizations addressing multi-generational tobacco use)
- Tips From Former Smokers – Rose's Story (Lung Cancer)
- Tips From Former Smokers – James' Story
- Tips From Former Smokers – Tiffany's Decision
- Tips From Former Smokers – Mark’s Story (Military Service and Cancer)
- Nathan's Ad: Secondhand Smoke Asthma (Work Environment)
Featured ResourcesView all projects
More Shareable Items
Click on these for more information and to see a larger version.
- Smoking Among Ohioans with Disabilities - Fact Sheet (produced by Ohio Disability and Health Program)